[Rd] using R in a java application

Lothar Rubusch l.rubusch at web.de
Sun Apr 9 04:07:48 CEST 2006

Dear All,

I'd like to write a little application in java wich should pass some commands and data to R and displays the results (tables and charts) in a java frame. First I wanted to work with Omegahat's SJava but had lots of issues already at the installation.

Then I heard some rumors that SJava generally is not a very active project and runs rather buggy (that's true?). So my question is, are there alternatives to use R in a Java application, like other libraries? What would you recommend me? I appreciate any usefull links on that topic: Java and R.

Thank you in advance,
Lothar Rubusch