[Rd] Fwd: makeconf issue on R-devel 2006-03-12 r37524

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Apr 11 17:26:09 CEST 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 2:27 PM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, roger koenker wrote:
>
>> For what it is worth, I've just installed R-alpha Version 2.3.0 alpha
>> (2006-04-07 r37668)
>> on my G5 and encountered the same problem reported below.  The same
>> treatment
>> got  things going again.  If this reflects some idiosyncrasy in my
>> setup,  my apologies....
>
> Well, no one else is reporting it, and that includes the daily
> checks run
> by Simon on MacOS X so it is not that no one has tested R-devel for
> the
> last few weeks (and Simon was involved with the design of this
> change).
>
> It looks as if 'make install-R-framework' puts a link in bin/exec,
> which is not supposed to be used for other than front-ends.

This is a relic from the time when the Mac GUI was also started via
exec/R and the Frameworks subdirectory relative to the binary is
where dependent frameworks went. It is now obsolete, and can be
removed. I'm cleaning up the framework install code and tonight's
nightly build should be ok.

Thanks for spotting this. My package builds used R 2.2 so they didn't
catch this and make install didn't either. I'll now switch both
machines to 2.3 so hopefully we'll catch things like that now.

Cheers,
Simon