[Rd] How to prepare/submit packages with external dependency?

Andrew Finley afinley at stat.umn.edu
Fri Aug 4 22:49:39 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'd like to submit a new package that ports some code which uses the boost
c++ library (i.e., an external dependency).  I have written a linux/unix
configure file as described in the Witting R Extensions but don't know
enough about windows to write a windows configure/makefile.

That said, can I still successfully post this package on CRAN.  The package
passes all recommended tests on my linux machine (which has boost
installed).

I also posted this on the R-packages list, sorry for the cross-posting.

Thanks-
Andrew

Research Fellow
Department of Forest Resources