[Rd] How to prepare/submit packages with external dependency?

Dominick Samperi dsamperi at DecisionSynergy.com
Fri Aug 4 23:30:53 CEST 2006

The RQuantLib package has a boost dependency like this. On Linux machines
configure.in is designed to check that Boost has been installed. To
build a Windows
binary CRAN uses a binary version of QuantLib/Boost that I put together. You
might be able to have your package linked against that (actually,
"linked" is not
the correct term since much of Boost is implemented via header files). I
do not
think CRAN accepts binary submissions.

The package RcppTemplate contains more info on this.

ds