[Rd] configure on mac

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 17 14:43:25 CEST 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2006, at 3:21 PM, roger koenker wrote:
>
> Sorry this, is my fault:
>

>> ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libR.dylib referenced
>> from: / Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/
>> libRlapack.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may be affected)
>
> ^^ the actual error is here - it cannot find libR
>
>> (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _xerbla_ referenced from libRlapack expected to be defined in
>> libR.dylib
>
> This is just a consequence of the above, _xerbla_ is not found as
> it is defined libR which couldn't be loaded. The reason is that the
> framework install didn't set the correct path in libRlapack. It is
> now fixed in the current R-devel.
>
> The current R-devel now also checks the Xcode capabilities and will
> fall-back to flat namespaces if the linker is too old (the other
> error reported here). I tested some combinations of BLAS and tools,
> but not all of them, so please drop me a line if you find a setup
> that doesn't work.

Yes, R-devel_2006-08-16 now installs both packages I was having
trouble with without any difficulties.
Thanks again!

Roger

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820