[Rd] AltGr not working in R GUI Script Editor (PR#9430)

zoran.bosnic at fri.uni-lj.si zoran.bosnic at fri.uni-lj.si
Sat Dec 23 12:07:11 CET 2006

Full_Name: Zoran Bosnic
Version: 2.4.0
OS: Windows XP SP2
Submission from: (NULL) (212.235.140.146)

This is a problem that occurs in R GUI Script Editor and is connected to Windows
regional settings.

Since I live in Slovenia, my computer has a keyboard with additional slovenian
international characters. I am therefore using Windows XP SP2 with Input
Language (=Keyboard Locale, Control Panel/Regional and Language
Options/Languages/Details/Input language) set to Slovenian.

On slovenian keyboards characters as [, ], {, } are produced by pressing key
combinations AltGr+F, AltGr+G, AltGr+B and AltGr+N, respectively. These
combinations generally work in all Windows programs and also in R Console.
However, R Script editor produces behaves wrongly and causes:
AltGr+F to open Find dialog box,
AltGr+N to open new Script window.

Consequentially, it is not possible to type ] and } brackets using slovenian
input settings in script editor. Meanwhile, AltGr+G and AltGr+B work fine.