[Rd] Wikis (was about prod(numeric(0)))

Tony Plate tplate at blackmesacapital.com
Tue Jan 10 01:56:38 CET 2006

I agree with everything you say about the structure and organization of
the Wiki (needs top-level R-related structure, the
Wiki-administration/editing stuff dominates, etc.)  But, it's also
possible to spend so much time talking about how to do it, that it never
gets done...

Still, it really does look like it would be worth putting some effort
into the top level structure early on, because from the material I saw
about maintaining the wiki, it looks like a bit of a chore to impose a
new top-level structure (requires scripts, admittedly simple, that
rename files and change links within files -- so, presumably, can only
be done by the Wiki administrator.)

Also, I had a little difficulty figuring out exactly how to create new
pages, and my attempts were not clean -- I seemed to have left two items
with the same name at the same level in the index.

Everything is an experiment!

Maybe when Phillippe Grosjean returns to his work he can put some more
R-related top-level structure on his wiki?

In the meantime, anyone else can go in there and start proposing some
structure...

-- Tony Plate

PS. Detlef Steuer did say that he would be happy to shut down his wiki
and let the sciviews one be "the" R Wiki.  I had previously put some
material on Detlef's Wiki, but this time on put it on the sciviews Wiki.