[Rd] Browser problem, Misrepresentation of .html in Solaris Firefox (PR#8471)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jan 11 12:18:25 CET 2006

christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch writes:

> Hi there
>
> I hope that I am in the right forum.
>
> I am working on Win2000 PC connected via Exceed 6.0.1.0 to a
>
> SunOS fluke 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R
>
> There I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 as a browser.
>
> I am having
> difficulties viewing .html files. Their first pages are displayed
> normally, black on white, links in blue. When I scoll down, the pages
> appear black throughout, only links are sticking out. The rest of the
> text can only be viewed by selecting it with the mouse, making it
> appear white on blue. This makes scrolling and following links *very*
> combersome.
>
> Files affected:
> - R-intro.html
> - R-exts.html,
> - R-lang.html
> - R-admin.html
> - R-FAQ.html
>
> Files not affected:
> - R-data.html
> - packages.html
> - SearchEngine.html
> - License
> - Thanks
>
> Thanks for help
> Christian

Not happening here with Firefox 1.0.7, SuSE 9.3 and e.g.
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html. Not happening with
locally built version of R-intro.html either.

I suspect this is particular to your setup (X terminal emulators can
be notoriously flaky) and not a problem with the html files themselves.
I.e., not a bug that we can do anything about.