[Rd] Any interest in "merge" and "by" implementations specifically for sorted data?

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 28 19:23:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was using my installed R which is 2.3.1 for the first tests.  I
moved to the r-devel tree (I svn up and rebuild everyday) for my "by"
tests to see if it would work any better.  I neglected to retest
"merge" with the devel version.

So it appears "merge" is already fixed and I just need to worry about
"by".

On Jul 28, 2006, at 3:06 AM, Brian D Ripley wrote:

> Which version of R are you looking at?   R-devel has
>
>     o	merge() works more efficiently when there are relatively few
> 	matches between the data frames (for example, for 1-1
> 	matching).  The order of the result is changed for 'sort = FALSE'.

Thanks,

Kevin