[Rd] Any interest in "merge" and "by" implementations specifically for sorted data?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:12:15 CEST 2006

There was a performance comparison of several moving average
approaches here:
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/10/5161.html

The author of that message ultimately wrote the caTools R package
which contains some optimized versions.

Not sure if these results suggest anything of interest here but it
would be interesting if various base routines could be sped up
to the point that a simple idiom is competitive with the caTools versions.