[Rd] R bug - crash of the complete session (PR#8950)

korschi at uni-muenster.de korschi at uni-muenster.de
Fri Jun 9 14:22:49 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Eberhard Korsching
Version: 2.3.0
OS: Win2K SR4
Submission from: (NULL) (128.176.44.202)

Hello,

maybe the problem is solved for WinXP and R 2.3.1 - but I have not tested.

Situation:
R session open, some script windows open.
Running a script producing a big graphic concerning the plotted data content
in a device window on screen.
I toggel the grafics window full screen and if I am ready back.
While the window is repainting the graphic (needs some time), I close the
window
with the close buttom in the rigth upper corner.
- Voila the R session is gone and/or my debugger turns on.
Error message:
"RGui RGui.exe: Application error- memory cound not be read."
Debugger Compag Visual Fortran:
Unhandled exception in RGui, R.dll: 0xC0000005: Access violation
1009869E   mov         eax,dword ptr [eax]

This behaviour is reproduceble.

The bug seems to be not critical.

Best
 Eberhard