[Rd] separators in data()

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:16:52 CEST 2006

Ben,

you confused read.csv and read.csv2. Separator in read.csv is ",", while
it is ";" in read.csv2. This is due to use of different decimal symbols
in some european languages - mine is one of them  and I really hate
this. So the situation is:

                      decimal separator
english               .       ,
some european lang.   ,       ;

There is then of course also a need to handle decimal separator and this
is done in read.csv2.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana     PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                   mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888