[Rd] Undocumented features of 'browser' (and possible changes)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Mar 25 00:37:20 CET 2006

"Kevin Wright" <kwright68 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the clarification about ENTER and for explaining that
> browser and debug use the same parser.  I'll crawl back into my
> cubicle and keep using my hack.  Maybe I'll look into  re-writing
> ess-eval-region to not send blank lines and comment lines.

Well, modifying ess to get what you want seems reasonable.  I have
used the ENTER as repeat feature so I wouldn't want that to go away.
But it does suggest a couple of alternative solutions:

1. Add one more command that the debug mode knows about that is a
   no-op.  Then copy/paste commands can send that first.

2. Add an option to browser that turns of the ENTER is repeat.

+ seth