[Rd] Undocumented features of 'browser' (and possible changes)

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 26 00:06:16 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Kevin Wright wrote:

> I often use browser() when debugging a function.  After entering
> browser, I would find it very useful to be able to cut-and-paste a
> chunk of R code to the browser (or use ess-eval-region in Emacs).  An
> inconvenience, however, is that both blank lines and comment lines
> will exit the browser.

Kevin,

This trick may help:

Browse[1]> { ### blank lines will be ignored
+
+
+
+ x+1
+ }
[1] 2
Browse[1]>

Maybe you want to write 'ess-eval-region-in-braces'.

[rest deleted]

Chuck

Charles C. Berry                        (858) 534-2098
                                          Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
E mailto:cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu	         UC San Diego
http://biostat.ucsd.edu/~cberry/         La Jolla, San Diego 92093-0717