[Rd] 'R CMD config' doesn't work on Windows

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed May 17 23:51:10 CEST 2006

Herve Pages <hpages at fhcrc.org> writes:
> I'd like to report this problem I have on Windows with R 2.2.1, R 2.3.0,
> R-2.3.0 patched (r38086) and R 2.4.0 devel (r37925):
>     D:\hpages>R\bin\R CMD config CC
>     Can't open perl script "D:\hpages\R-2.3.1/bin/config": No such file
> or directory

A bit of background...

For Bioconductor's automated builds, we are trying to provide
developers with more information about the build platforms upon which
their packages are tested.  For example, see here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/1.9/gopher5-NodeInfo.html

So R CMD config <var> provides a lot of useful details, but it doesn't
seem to work on Windows for us.  It would be very nice to be able to
provide the same level of detail about our Windows build system.

Cheers,

+ seth