[Rd] Formal methods are not loaded from NAMESPACE in reloadedworkspace image

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Fri Nov 3 10:41:29 CET 2006

Dear R-Devel subscriber,

as a follow up to my yesterday's email: I tested an analogous example
with the S4-package "flexclust" by executing the following code:

library(flexclust)
example(cclust)
cl

After saving the work space and starting a new R process with the
restored work space, the same behaviour (i.e., the methods pertinent to
"flexclust" are not used, even after executing  library(flexclust)).
Yesterday, I executed the code below on a Linux platform with R 2.4.0
and it showed the same behaviour as R 2.5.0dev on Windows. As it seems
right now, the behaviour is platform independent and not peculiar to R
2.5.0dev.

Any pointers and help for solving this problem is much appreciated.

Best,
Bernhard