[Rd] Problem with X11 configure checking in R-devel?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 15 00:43:24 CET 2006

Hi,

I just updated to svn rev 39899 on a SuSE 10.1/x86_64 system and I get
the following error when configuring R:

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib64, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking X11/Intrinsic.h usability... yes
checking X11/Intrinsic.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Intrinsic.h... yes
checking for XtToolkitInitialize in -lXt... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available

I'm pretty sure I have the needed libs and headers since I can build
yesterday's R.  The changes to the admin guide suggest libXt-dev but I
don't see that available for my system in yast as a separate package.
I _do_ have libXt in /usr/X11R6/lib.

+ seth