[Rd] tail recursion in R

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 15 02:02:34 CET 2006

Apparently Scheme is clever and can turn certain apparently recursive
function calls into into non-recursive evaluations.

Does R do anything like that?  I could find no reference to it in the
language manual.

What I'm wondering is whether there are desirable ways to express
recursion in R.

Thanks.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062