[Rd] R-devel does not compile under FreeBSD-7.0 CURRENT

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 09:13:40 CET 2006

As I said to you privately, I believe this to be a make issue: does GNU
make work?  We don't guarantee R to work with other makes (although it
usually does).

My guess is that the problem is the missing .m in the .SUFFIXES list
in Makeconf.in, but Solaris make and GNU make see no problem and it looks
like a make bug to me.  I've added the suffix, so please try the current
version.

(This seems to be related to adding ObjC support which is apparently
currently incomplete.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk