[Rd] S4 changes - sp fails

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 07:35:08 CEST 2006

Roger,

I had managed to run R CMD check on sp successfully on r39021 and r39043
(current) in my nightly checks.  (There are a couple of tests where the
show/print method is not being invoked, but that is not new.)

All I can suggest is to install R from scratch (make distclean), and then
reinstall all relevant packages.  At a guess, your interactive use and R
CMD check are picking up different libraries.

There are around a dozen S4-using packages on CRAN that are currently
failing their checks: some look like newly-discovered bugs but some look
like problems in S4 dispatch (even of S3 dispatch for S3 generics turned
into S4 generics).  More are producing apparently incorrect warnings.

Brian

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk