[Rd] Unexpected source() behavior in R-devel

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Sep 3 23:43:41 CEST 2006

"Henrik Bengtsson" <hb at stat.berkeley.edu> writes:

> This has been reported before on r-devel, e.g. May 9, 2006 "[Rd] Seg
> fault when installing package from bad repository".
>
> It's happening on Mac OSX when trying to download non-existing
> webpages (HTTP status 404). That's all I know (not using OSX myself).

It is not entirely obvious that it is the same problem, but it might be.

This happened to me on Linux (2.3.1 on FC5), but it has only happened
that one time. I don't think I did anything particularly strange
earlier in that session.

Of course, with 20/20 hindsight, I should have taken the core dump
option...