[Rd] R-Project logo in SVG format

Friedrich Leisch Friedrich.Leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Sep 4 11:46:14 CEST 2006

  > I have a file named Rlogo-5.svg, created by
  > downloading Rlogo-5.png, opening it with Adobe
  > Illustrator, Saving as SVG.
  > I didn't tinker with any of Illustrator's options
  > with regard to how, exactly, to save it, since I
  > pretty much don't know what they mean. Whether it
  > is of any use to anyone, or whether it is truly
  > scalable, I have no idea. All I know is that
  > Illustrator claims it is an SVG file.

  > Took about 2 minutes, all together (writing this email took longer).

  > If any R Core member (or anyone else, for that
  > matter), wants a copy, please let me know. I
  > don't want to burden lots of people with a file
  > they probably don't want.

I guess that Illustrator simply has embedded the bitmap into the SVG
file, such that scaling properties are the same. I know how to
"convert" the PNG to EPS or PDF (and it takes even less than two
minutes), but that again simply embeds the bitmap, so nothing gained.

To be sure you can send me the SVG, I'll have a look.

Best,
Fritz