[Rd] Package dependencies and imports

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 22 14:47:36 CEST 2006

Dear Brian,

--------------------------------
John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada L8S 4M4
905-525-9140x23604
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox
--------------------------------

Although I may have lost track of the exact sequence, I believe that I
originally had rgl under Suggests:, but when rgl is absent from a system,
that causes Rcmdr to fail R CMD check. I'd prefer to have rgl under
Suggests:, since then I wouldn't have to treat it as a special case and it
would be installed automatically by install.packages("Rcmdr",
dependencies=TRUE).

Regards,
 John