[Rd] Sweave.sh shell script on CRAN

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Apr 16 13:01:37 CEST 2007

Dear developeRs,

Martin Maechler has suggested that I resend this email to R-devel
instead to R-packages for further comments and potential availability
for Windows.

I have uploaded my Sweave (bash) shell script on CRAN. It is available at

http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/scripts/

In short this script runs Sweave on given Rnw file(s) and post process
produced tex file(s) with LaTeX and friends directly from command line.
It has quite a rich set of command line options to mainly ease the LaTeX
compilation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you find errors or have
suggestions and/or code contributions. I am particularly, interested in
making this script work under Windows.

I do not have any experience with use of (bash) shell scripts under
Windows. Sweave.sh can be used with Cygwin, but I am not sure how to use
shell script without Cygwin. I noticed that some "scripts" in R*/bin
directory on our Windows machine are perl (build, check, INSTALL, ...)
and shell (Rd2dvi.sh, Stangle.sh, Sweave.sh, ...) scripts. This
therefore means that R ships also perl and shell interpreter or am I
missing something?

Thanks!

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,