[Rd] Sweave.sh shell script on CRAN

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 16 13:23:34 CEST 2007

On 4/16/2007 7:01 AM, Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
> Dear developeRs,
>
> Martin Maechler has suggested that I resend this email to R-devel
> instead to R-packages for further comments and potential availability
> for Windows.

> I have uploaded my Sweave (bash) shell script on CRAN. It is available at
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/scripts/
>
> In short this script runs Sweave on given Rnw file(s) and post process
> produced tex file(s) with LaTeX and friends directly from command line.
> It has quite a rich set of command line options to mainly ease the LaTeX
> compilation.
>
> Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you find errors or have
> suggestions and/or code contributions. I am particularly, interested in
> making this script work under Windows.

> I do not have any experience with use of (bash) shell scripts under
> Windows. Sweave.sh can be used with Cygwin, but I am not sure how to use
> shell script without Cygwin. I noticed that some "scripts" in R*/bin
> directory on our Windows machine are perl (build, check, INSTALL, ...)
> and shell (Rd2dvi.sh, Stangle.sh, Sweave.sh, ...) scripts. This
> therefore means that R ships also perl and shell interpreter or am I
> missing something?

We don't ship Perl or sh.exe, but we do describe how to get them in the
R Admin manual.

I'd be interested in talking to you about integration of my patchDVI
functions into your script.  They allow forward and reverse search
between the .dvi file and the .Rnw file (in yap and xdvi, at least).

Duncan Murdoch