[Rd] errors in loading packages (PR#9839)

peterwickham at mac.com peterwickham at mac.com
Thu Aug 9 21:14:38 CEST 2007

Full_Name: Peter Wickham
Version: 2.4.1
OS: Mac 10.4.10
Submission from: (NULL) (209.59.87.136)

Attempted to load "gdata" and "gregmisc" packages after using installing via
Package Installer in R. Both load attempts resulted in the following message:
"Error in loadNamespace(i[[1]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :  there is no package
called 'gtools'". There is no mention of failure in the Mac OSX check summary
for packages. Another package "waveslim" installed and loaded properly (apart
from the R topic "AR1").
I might also mention that I am still using R 2.4.1 tather than R 2.5.1 as I
received warning messages in red
 R[244] and R[451] "tossing reply message sequence 1 on" when downloading the
latest version of R.