[Rd] errors in loading packages (PR#9839)

Ken Beath kjbeath at kagi.com
Fri Aug 10 07:02:37 CEST 2007

On 10/08/2007, at 5:14 AM, peterwickham at mac.com wrote:

> Full_Name: Peter Wickham
> Version: 2.4.1
> OS: Mac 10.4.10
> Submission from: (NULL) (209.59.87.136)
>

> Attempted to load "gdata" and "gregmisc" packages after using
> installing via
> Package Installer in R. Both load attempts resulted in the
> following message:
> "Error in loadNamespace(i[[1]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :  there
> is no package
> called 'gtools'". There is no mention of failure in the Mac OSX
> check summary
> for packages. Another package "waveslim" installed and loaded
> properly (apart
> from the R topic "AR1").

Either use the installer to download gtools etc or check the Install
Dependencies box and they will all be automatically downloaded.

> I might also mention that I am still using R 2.4.1 tather than R
> 2.5.1 as I
> received warning messages in red
>  R[244] and R[451] "tossing reply message sequence 1 on" when
> downloading the
> latest version of R.

This isn't a problem, it still works, there might be a development
version where it is fixed. For Mac related problems there is a
special list at https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac Check
the archives for discussion of this problem.

Ken