[Rd] compiling R under cygwin

Latchezar (Lucho) Dimitrov ldimitro at wfubmc.edu
Thu Aug 23 21:33:28 CEST 2007

I'm not sure what you mean by "produce" above but one can easily setup
(by mount option) cygwin to use "/" instead of "/cygdrive/" so that your
example above will become "/c/path/to/file". That's if you insist on
using drive letters. Otherwise w/ proper mounting (in cygwin) one can
have "usual" *nix dir tree.

Regards,
Latchezar

PS. I really like the idea of having (the same) bare terminal/command
window interface to R anywhere as well as anything else (like admin
tasks above) to be the same. So please put my vote (if you care) to have
R Windows installation look the same as *nix (up to the point when you
start R from Start button to have terminal version started instead of
Rgui as it is now) and keep GUI candies separately for whoever
wants/needs them. Sorry if that's been already done and I did not know
about it.