[Rd] Defaults for postscript()

dankelley Dan.Kelley at dal.ca
Sun Dec 16 22:38:16 CET 2007

I think you should change anything you want to change, on the assumption that
most users are setting things by themselves, anyway.

Now may be the time to change anything that you (and those kind enough to
reply to your post) would like to see changed.   For an example, I really
like the ratio of font size to default plot size that I see in windows on my
OSX machine, and would love it if pdf (which I use instead of postscript),
produced similar geometry.  I find pdf() produces a sort of "spaced out"
appearance, with large fonts and lots of spacing, and that's great for
giving lectures, but for papers I always set the page width to 10 inches or
more, simply to get a higher ratio of data to labels.