[Rd] using example() with S4 documentation

Thibaut Jombart jombart at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Dec 20 23:30:39 CET 2007

Hi list,

Developping a plot method for a S4 class 'foo' (signature being x="foo",
y="missing"), I would like to access the example contained inside the
\examples{} section of the corresponding Rd file. This file contains the
aliases: \alias{plot-methods} and \alias{plot,foo,missing}. There is no
trouble to access the documentation using:
method ? plot("foo")
or
?plot(new("foo"))

Now, is it possible to have example() work as well ? I tried using the
"package" argument of "example" without success...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Thibaut.

--