[Rd] Whine in dual core Windows PC if R uses full CPU capacity

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 15 20:49:46 CET 2007

Ulrike,

Well, it sounds like you are doing the correct things.  Nice to know
that Speedfan seems to work well.

The comments from others on the ASUS boards would certainly seem to
support Duncan's and Uwe's hypotheses.

If the supplier is willing to replace the power unit, it is certainly
worth trying.

If however it does not work, is there an option from your hardware
vendor to replace the motherboard with something other than ASUS?
Presumably, this is annoying enough to be worth pursuing.

Regards,

Marc

<snip>