[Rd] Presentation and packaging policy

pingou pingoufc4 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 13 00:02:28 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I have recently subscribed to this mailing list.
To briefly introduce myself, my name is Pierre-Yves, I am French,
student and actually doing a master in bioinformatics.
I am involved in a project on which I will have to use R and some of its
libraries.
To use these libraries as I am running Fedora, I have made the RPM of
these libraries for Fedora.

I have already made some libraries and the first one has just
successfully gone through the bugzilla. However I would like to ask for
your opinion about (re)packaging the libraries for the different
distribution.

I see it with two advantages:
*Updating system such as yum can manage the dependences between the
different packages
*It is a way to control the quality of the package and make sure that it
set up the file at their correct place.

What do you think of it in general ?
Do you encourage it ?

Any way thank for the work done,