[Rd] Generics in base with no ...

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Jul 13 00:17:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

Some generics in base that don't have the ... extra argument:
rev(), t(), scale() and unlist(). Is there any plan to make these
more reusable? I used to be interested in having a rev() method for
my objects, but since I needed an extra argument for it, then I was
forced to create my own generic instead. And because I didn't want
to mask base::rev(), I chose another name too. The only advantage
of doing this is that the man page for myrev() was more accessible
than if I had made a rev() method. But it would be nice to make the
rev() generic more reusable anyway, just because the name "rev"
itself is good and easy to remember.

Thanks!

H.