[Rd] accessing "hidden" functions

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Wed Mar 28 06:39:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

(I tried looking for it, but I don't think it was discussed before...
or maybe I didn't use the correct keywords).

I have a package (say, pkg1), which uses NAMESPACE. This package
contains a bunch of functions the are used internally, therefore
they're not exported (say, internalFunc1).

Even though internalFunc1 is not exported, I can access it externally
using pkg1:::internalFunc1 (yes, I do understand this is not supposed
to be done).

Okay... now I have a second internal function, which starts with a
dot (eg, ".internalFunc2").

Is there a way of accessing it without exporting it (or exposing it
by removing the "dot")? ie, something like pkg1:::.internalFunc2 ?

thanks a lot,

beniton