[Rd] Rmpi and OpenMPI ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 31 00:55:09 CEST 2007

Ross,

On 30 March 2007 at 14:47, Ross Boylan wrote:
| On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 03:01:19PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > On 30 March 2007 at 12:48, Ei-ji Nakama wrote:
| > | Prof. Nakano(ism Japan) and I wrestled in Rmpi on HP-MPI.
| > | Do not know a method to distinguish MPI well?
| > | It is an ad-hoc patch at that time as follows.
|
| There are some autoconf snippets for figuring out how to compile
| various MPI versions; it's not clear to me they are much help in
| figuring out which version you've got.  Perhaps they are some help:

Thanks, potentially very helpful.

| http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_openmp.html

[ Nit:  OpenMP != OpenMPI ]

| http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/acx_mpi.html

That seems more about testing C, C++ and F77/F90 for MPI. Still useful, but
not a discriminator between different MPI flavours.

But I don't mean to criticise -- this autoconf-archive looke very useful, so
thanks again.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison