[Rd] getNamespaceExports("base") error

ml-it-r-devel at epigenomics.com ml-it-r-devel at epigenomics.com
Tue May 15 16:09:46 CEST 2007

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> It would seem more logical to use x.  Today it has the
> same contents as baseenv() (but a different enclosing env), but that may
> change.
>
> I do wonder why you are using this: the R code clearly doesn't.  For
> base is not a normal namespace and is automatically imported into every
> other namespace (or similar words, as 'import' is used in a couple of
> senses in the documentation).
I came across this programmatically applying getNamespaceExports to a
vector of namespaces
where 'base' happend to be a member.

I will use  ls(.BaseNamespaceEnv, all=TRUE) instead .

Thank you!

   Matthias

--
Matthias Burger                     Project Manager/ Biostatistician
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com           matthias.burger at epigenomics.com
--
Epigenomics AG Berlin           Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 75861
Vorstand:   Geert Nygaard (CEO/Vorsitzender),  Dr. Kurt Berlin (CSO)