[Rd] Saving Graphics File as .ps or .pdf (PR#10403)

Jane_Harvill at Baylor.Edu Jane_Harvill at Baylor.Edu
Tue Nov 6 16:05:04 CET 2007

Full_Name: Jane L. Harvill
Version: 2.6.0
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
Submission from: (NULL) (129.62.21.93)

PROBLEM: The ability to save the contents of an R Graphics window as a
postscript or PDf file through the drop-down menu (File -> Save As ->
Postscript, or File -> Save As -> PDF) results in the error message below being
printed to the R Console.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Error: Invalid font type
In addition: Warning messages:
1: font family not found in PostScript font database
2: font family not found in PostScript font database

TO RECREATE THE PROBLEM:
1.  Using the R Console, create some graph in R; for example, plot(rnorm(100)).
2.  Select File -> Save As -> PostScript  (or File -> Save As -> PDF).
3.  Supply a file name and click the "Save" button.

FOUR OTHER RELEVANT NOTES:
1.  I checked to see if the same error results when invoking the functions
pdf(file=...) or postscript(file=...).   No error results, and the content of
the output (.ps or .pdf) file produces a duplicate of what appears in the R
Graphics window.

2.  I checked, but did not see any other bug reports in the system that are
relevant to this problem.

3.  Before I submitted this R Bug Report, I reinstalled the PostScript fonts,
and then reinstalled R Version 2.6.0.  This did not change the outcome.

4.  This problem did not exist in previous versions of R on any of my computers.
 It exists on all computers for version 2.6.0 of R.