[Rd] R crashes when I open R files in R (PR#10402)

Jérôme Lemaître jerome.lemaitre.1 at ulaval.ca
Fri Nov 9 16:31:11 CET 2007

Dear Duncan,

I thank you very much for your attention and I apologize for the few
information. Here is some more... I have made some tests and I think that I
have found the problem.
The thing is that R crashes when both of the followings happen:

1) The name of the script (a file saved as R file, e.g. "test.R" through the
command "File/Save as" in a R session) has more than 5 characters.
Capitalization, numbers of letters do not seem to matter.

2) The location of the script is in a subfolder of third order as compared
to the R session.

For example, my R session is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes documents\Analyses\AnalysesGUD\

So I'm able to open any R file, whatever the number of character in its
name, if it is located in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes documents\Analyses\AnalysesGUD\

Or in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes
documents\Analyses\AnalysesGUD\PourArticle\

Or in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes
documents\Analyses\AnalysesGUD\PourArticle\Analyses\

However, it crashes if the name of the R file has more than 5 characters and
is located in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes
documents\Analyses\AnalysesGUD\PourArticle\Analyses\ModeleDensiT\

And other subfolders.

I hope this is enough and that you'll be able to find a way to solve that.
Thank you very much for your help.

Jérôme

Jérôme Lemaître
Chaire de recherche industrielle CRSNG - Université Laval en sylviculture et
faune
Département de biologie,
Pavillon Alexandre-Vachon, Local 2044
Université Laval