[Rd] R crashes when I open R files in R (PR#10402)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 8 12:09:58 CET 2007

On 06/11/2007 9:05 AM, jerome.lemaitre.1 at ulaval.ca wrote:
> Full_Name: Jerome Lemaitre
> Version: 2.6.0
> OS: Windows XP
> Submission from: (NULL) (132.203.202.117)
>

> Hello,
>
> I have recently downloaded the 2.6.0 version of R and I experience troubles that
> never happened to me with previous versions.
>
> I open an R session with an R shortcut in "My documents/Analyses". However, when
> I want to open R files such script using "File/open script" R crashes. I have
> made some tests and it appears that the software is more prone to crash when the
> script in not located in the same folder as the R shortcut. For example, my
> script may be in a subfolder: "My documents/Analyses/GLM".
>
> I hope you will find an easy way to fix this.

We need to reproduce it first.  I tried to follow your instructions, and
didn't see a problem.  Could you please give complete details of a
reproducible way to cause the crash, starting from an R session with an
empty workspace?  Please be specific about the directory name, the file
names, and the contents of the file you are trying to open.

Duncan Murdoch