[Rd] mean mailing list moderator ..

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 19:51:54 CET 2007

There is a simple solution to this kind of problem - for my
non-day-job-related software stuff, I usually subscribe under
my sourceforge address. Sourceforge's is simple re-direction service
so I actually cannot post from it; but I like incoming e-mails to go
through sourceforge for a double spam filter. So e-mails come in through
sourceforge but replied under my real address if I do, and it get held
occasionally in the past depending on the mailing list policies.

The solution I found is this: subscribe both addresses, but disabling
delivery to the real-one. (this can be done by the user, no admin
required). This way I can post from the real one, but receive
twice-filtered mailing-list e-mails through an alias.

(For R-devel, I am receiving and posting from my day-job address,
if you are wondering...)