[Rd] mean mailing list moderator ..

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 7 17:54:35 CET 2007

Hi Jari,

(and interested readers)

  [..........................]
  [...some very good stuff...]
  [..........................]

    JO> Cheers, Jari Oksanen

    JO> PS. Please Mr Moderator, don't treat me so mean (*): I've subscribed to
    JO> this group although you regularly reject my mail as coming from a
    JO> "non-member".

More than a year ago, I had changed R-devel policy to

1) subscribers can post freely
2) everything else is on "hold" for moderator approval +)
3) ``spam-suspicious e-mails'' are also put "on hold".

Now your problem is that you are subscribed under a different
e-mail address than the one you are currently sending mail from
(and also use in your sig. below).
To the mailing list software (mailman) this is equivalent to a
non-subscriber.

+) the moderator can   **manually**  add non-subscriber
   addresses to a list which is treated as "allowed to post"
   and I could do this next time ...
   but my general attitude is that r-devel subscribers should
   make these things work...

Best regards,
Martin