[Rd] R CMD check problem on R 2.6.1 RC

Ulrike Grömping groemp at tfh-berlin.de
Thu Nov 22 11:28:21 CET 2007

Dear R-developers,

I'm experiencing a problem with having an example run under R 2.6.1 RC
(downloaded and installed today, r43513), which does not occur on R 2.6.0:
The new version of package relaimpo does list package survey under
"Depends", and an example directly (i.e. not only from within a function of
relaimpo) uses function svydesign from package survey. Package survey is
installed and available when working from within the new R-installation.
However, under R CMD check, the example fails with the message "could not
find function svydesign" (backtranslated from German). It does work fine
under all previous versions of R that I tested (2.3.1, 2.5.1, 2.6.0).

It may be of interest that function boot from package boot (also listed
under Depends, called from within functions of package relaimpo) works
without problems.

Regards, Ulrike