[Rd] Package compile under Windows on 2.6.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Oct 9 15:10:16 CEST 2007

It works for me up to that point, but I do not have the real Rtools
setup running. So you have the

I'd propose to start with a package that already passes checks on
Windows. And then go the harder way to a package that shows problems ...

Iago Mosqueira wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are experiencing some trouble when compiling R packages using R
> 2.6.0 and the new Rtools installer under Windows XP.
>
> (1) First, compiling any package using the new setup stops with an
> errorrelated to some "/" issue on the inst folder. This folder only
> contains a CITATION file
>
> ---------- Making package FLCore ------------
>  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>  installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
>  making DLL ...
> making FLCoreClasses.d from FLCoreClasses.cpp
> g++-sjlj   -Ic:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/include    -Wall -O2  -c
> FLCoreClasses.cpp -o FLCoreClasses.o
> windres --preprocessor="gcc-sjlj -E -xc -DRC_INVOKED" -I
> c:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/include  -i FLCore_res.rc -o FLCore_res.o
> g++-sjlj   -shared -s  -o FLCore.dll FLCore.def FLCoreClasses.o
> FLCore_res.o  -Lc:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/bin    -lR
>  ... DLL made
>  installing DLL
>  installing R files
>  installing inst files
> rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory

Are the permissions alright?

> rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
>  installing data files
> rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [C:/Sandbox/R260built/FLCore.Rcheck/FLCore/data] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [pkg-FLCore] Error 2
> *** Installation of FLCore failed ***
>
> (2) Testing with the previous Rtoolset with updated MinGW and Perl, a
> package from CRAN can be compiled (VR), but our package now fails with
>
> ---------- Making package FLCore ------------
>   adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>   installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
>   installing R files
>   installing inst files
>   installing data files
>   installing man source files
>   installing indices
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "setClass"

Have you imported the Namespace? Whcih version of your package are you
talking about?

Best,
uwe