[Rd] Package compile under Windows on 2.6.0

Iago Mosqueira iago.mosqueira at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:15:39 CEST 2007

On 09/10/2007, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
> It works for me up to that point, but I do not have the real Rtools
> setup running. So you have the
>
> I'd propose to start with a package that already passes checks on
> Windows. And then go the harder way to a package that shows problems ...

This is the basic package of our library, so we need this one before
others can be tested.

> Iago Mosqueira wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We are experiencing some trouble when compiling R packages using R
> > 2.6.0 and the new Rtools installer under Windows XP.
> >
> > (1) First, compiling any package using the new setup stops with an
> > errorrelated to some "/" issue on the inst folder. This folder only
> > contains a CITATION file
> >
> > ---------- Making package FLCore ------------
> >  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
> >  installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
> >  making DLL ...
> > making FLCoreClasses.d from FLCoreClasses.cpp
> > g++-sjlj   -Ic:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/include    -Wall -O2  -c
> > FLCoreClasses.cpp -o FLCoreClasses.o
> > windres --preprocessor="gcc-sjlj -E -xc -DRC_INVOKED" -I
> > c:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/include  -i FLCore_res.rc -o FLCore_res.o
> > g++-sjlj   -shared -s  -o FLCore.dll FLCore.def FLCoreClasses.o
> > FLCore_res.o  -Lc:/progra~1/r/r-2.6.0/bin    -lR
> >  ... DLL made
> >  installing DLL
> >  installing R files
> >  installing inst files
> > rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
>
> Are the permissions alright?

Should be, works in Linux and never had problems before, but I'll check.

> > rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
> >  installing data files
> > rm: failed to get attributes of `/': No such file or directory
> > make[2]: *** [C:/Sandbox/R260built/FLCore.Rcheck/FLCore/data] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make: *** [pkg-FLCore] Error 2
> > *** Installation of FLCore failed ***
> >
> > (2) Testing with the previous Rtoolset with updated MinGW and Perl, a
> > package from CRAN can be compiled (VR), but our package now fails with
> >
> > ---------- Making package FLCore ------------
> >   adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
> >   installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
> >   installing R files
> >   installing inst files
> >   installing data files
> >   installing man source files
> >   installing indices
> > Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "setClass"
>

> Have you imported the Namespace? Whcih version of your package are you
> talking about?

Until now the only reference to methods was on the onLoad call, but I
did try explicitely importing the methods namespace. It made no
difference

Thanks,

Iago