[Rd] Regression test failed when building on an "older" Linux cluster

Dalphin, Mark mdalphin at amgen.com
Wed Oct 24 19:42:09 CEST 2007

Thank you, Prof. Ripley.

In fact, I tend to agree somewhat with your arguments; our system administrators don't, however.

We do have Perl, though looking now I see its version is too old, 5.6.1, not the required > 5.8.0.

Your argument that the examples are essential for testing sways me. If that is how these tests are constructed, then we have failed the tests and can't trust the use of R on that old cluster. I intended my question to imply that we had failed on only one call to example(), hence I concluded (without evidence) that the test functions called example() only once where I had noted the failure. I probably should have grepped for "example(" before concluding that.

I'll see if we can install an upgraded Perl on a shared location and build R against that. I that solves the problem, I'll report back.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Mark Dalphin