[Rd] problems for ./configure on Ralpha: gcc related

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 14 17:57:05 CEST 2007

Salut Stéphane,

On 14 September 2007 at 16:27, Stéphane Dray wrote:
| Dear all,
| I am trying to compile Ralpha on my computer (OS = Debian). SVN Revision is:
|
| Revision: 42843
| Last Changed Date: 2007-09-14

Revision 2007-09-10 without a hitch and is in Debian unstable, see

	http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=r-base

for the build logs (and my embarassing three revisions to get r-cran.mk [ for
r-cran-* packages ] right).

So if I were you I'd start with (assuming you point to Debian 'sid' aka
unstable)

	# apt-get update
	# apt-get build-dep r-base

to make sure you you have all required packages.  You could also rebuild from
my sources via

	# apt-get source r-base

or simple install the three-day old binary.

FWIW I also just rebuilt from these sources on Ubuntu Feisty at work (where
you need to adjust debian/rules and debian/control as they do not have
gcc/g++ 4.2 yet).

Hope this helps, feel free to ask Debian questions on r-sig-debian.

Cheers, Dirk