[Rd] package building problem under Windows Vista

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 19 14:52:57 CEST 2008

John,

The environment variables are case-sensitive (not temp and tmp), and
TMPDIR is the one used by 'R CMD build'. I think you need to set TMPDIR to
somewhere known to have full control.  Why that is not true of
C:/Users/JOHNFO~1/AppData/Local/Temp is unclear to me, but I don't think
anything you said you did would have tried a different location.

Brian