[Rd] checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated dependencies

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 08:31:50 CET 2008

Hadley sent me the package, and my guess *was* correct.  The package is
not using lazy-loading, and early on it has (in aaa-top-level.r)

TopLevel <- proto(expr = {

That is 'a top-level computation'.  To make this work, you need
require("proto") in that file.  It also needs require("grid").

The Depends: packages are available when the package is installed, but not
when the namespace is loaded.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk