[Rd] R-FAQ.html change breaks "R Bugs" link in posting guide.

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 11 09:53:50 CET 2008

    GaGr> The link to R Bugs in the posting guide
    GaGr> http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

    GaGr> is broken.

  MM> What's your definition of broken?

ok. That it points to the wrong place (even though to the
correct page)

    GaGr> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R-Bugs

    GaGr> is currently %20:

    GaGr> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R%20Bugs

    MM> Yes, but that *does* work for me.

it works by going to the FAQ but not the the R Bugs section.
So, Gabor is all correct here. [Please apologize, Gabor!]

There's a 2nd link in the posting guide that has also stopped working
namely
 <a
href="http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Add-on%20packages%20in%20R">
Add-on packages in R</a>

due to changes in the R-FAQ.html
and since R-FAQ.html is auto-constructed from R-FAQ.texi
which has
@node R Bugs, Acknowledgments, R Programming, Top
@chapter R Bugs

this seems to be a change in the  Texinfo -> HTML translation,
and I'd say a rather unfortunate one.

Kurt, do you have any idea,
what has changed here?

Regards,