[Rd] Problem building R with Intel MKL v10 BLAS

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 16:43:42 CET 2008

This part "-lmkl_gf_lp64.so -lmkl_gnu_thread.so -lmkl_core.so"
looks wrong - it should be "-lmkl_gf_lp64 -lmkl_gnu_thread -lmkl_core"
without the ".so" part.

I don't know how BLAS_LIBS does it, but when I was linking against
mkl 9, all I did which different from the usual build (diff from the
two rpm spec file I wrote) was 3 changes:

export LDFLAGS=...  -L/opt/intel/mkl/9.1/lib/em64t/
export FFLAGS=... -ff2c
./configure ... --with-blas="-lmkl -lguide -lpthread"

The FFLAGS ezport was needed because of difference between g77 and
gfortran.